Q. What is the significance of Early Child Education?
A. Research shows that up to 50% of a child's ability to learn develops by the age of 5. Proper preschool educational ensures an environment for this growth to take place. According to the US Department Of Education, preschool plays a large role in later academic success. Children in high quality preschools display better language, cognitive, and social skills than children who attended low quality programs. They have longer attention spans, stronger social abilities, and better language and math skills well into their elementary school careers, and are better performers in college as well as life.
Q. What are the various Programs that Kothari Starz runs?
A. We run four sections which are developed for successive age groups as follows –
- Mother Toddler- 6mths-1.3 yrs
- Playgroup – 1.3 yr -2 years
- Pre K- 2yrs-3yrs
- Day Care- 2yrs-10yrs
Q. How well-rounded is the program?
- It is never too early to expose your child to a variety of ways he or she can learn and grow. We know that children learn in different modalities but most preschool aged children enjoy hands-on experiences manipulating concrete objects.
- Our developmental approach is based on the concept of a “purposeful environment.” Our teachers integrate the diverse skills and knowledge needed to create an environment where concepts are addressed in meaningful ways for children.
- We respect each child’s own abilities and pace of understanding. All programs will work to meet each child’s individual developmental path, building on their interests, and strengths to create a meaningful curriculum that fosters’ learning and growth.
- We are intentional with the opportunities offered to children and provide a curriculum and environment that help our students be socially and academically ready for formal school.
Q. Is lateral entry allowed in the Pre School?
A. Yes, we allow the lateral entry to any of the above classes, subject to fulfillment of age requirement.
Q. How do we transition into preschool? What will this be like for my child?
A. Preschool is an opportunity for children to develop and experience the joy of their independence. We view our little people as capable and very willing to make new relationships with adults and children at preschool. For a few children preschool is their first experience in a group setting away from their parents. We acknowledge that this process can be a big challenge and a little scary for parents as well as children. We will work with you on the best way to step out and allow your child to make connections with others and have a smooth transition to preschool. Our staff have years of experience in guiding children through the separation process and will work with each child and their family to create an appropriate plan for separating if needed. Children benefit most from preschool when they are able to feel that they belong and have trusting, nurturing relationships with our preschool teachers and fellow little people.
Q. Does my child have to be potty trained?
A. We fully understand that “toilet learning” is a process and welcome the opportunity to partner with you as your child goes through the steps of toilet learning. For children participating in our PlayGroup and Pre K program we have a diaper changing area for those children who have not yet started the process and will work with your child on toilet learning if they are currently in the process.
Later we encourage you to send your child to school in underpants, as we work together on toilet learning. Please send extra clothes with your child during this training period.
Q. Is there any entry level screening for the kids or the parents?
A. We do not conduct any screening as the criteria for selection. The children and parents do not go through any tests.
Q. What are the transportation facilities provided by the Pre School?
A. We have fully AC buses & Tata Sumo with pick and drop the children.
Q. Whether the school provides immediate medical assistance / escorts?
A. There is a certified full time resident Nurse at the campus also having a well equipped wellness room where children can be treated and Hospital is just 1km away from the campus.
Q. What are arrangements for ensuring child protection and safety?
A. We have implemented ‘Child Protection Policy’ at Kothari Starz. There are Vigilance female governesses. We have done police verification of our all support staff. Also the complete premise is under CCTV surveillance.
Q. What is the student teacher ratio?
A.Its 1:5 with 2 teachers and 2 governesses in each class.